problems with paypal.me link

lucik
Contributor
Contributor

My boyfriend tried to send me money through my PayPal.me link. On his account it showed that the transaction was still pending because i didn't accept the money, but I never got a notification. Also, my account profile showed no activity about it whatsoever. He ended up cancelling the transaction and gave me cash in person. What went wrong?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lucik 

The only time you can cancel a payment is if there was a spelling mistake in the email address or paypal.me link that was sent.

HOWEVER also check out that you were not affected by this new policy on receiving funds in your country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lucik
Contributor
Contributor
He was easily able to cancel his payment because it was pending and I couldn't accept the money because I was never notified. I saw his account summary, my information was correct. Can you explain why I wasn't notified or why he wasn't notified of a problem?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lucik 

Did you read the link?

You would have been emailed that as every paypal user in the U.S was emailed that information.

So you needed to have considered that your notification as you have to do what it says in that email to be able to accept funds in to your paypal balance with a personal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lucik
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah and it said customers who don’t have a balance account will still be able to use their personal PayPal account to receive money and transfer it to a linked debit card or bank. Does that not work with the paypal.me link? I suppose I can get set up and see what happens when we try next time.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.