paypal.me

ShmrHnry
New Community Member

i cant seem to create a paypal.me link. can soomeone help or explain why that is?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

allspark
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ShmrHnry,

Sure, here are the instructions on how to set up PayPal.Me.

Setting up your link is easy! Just visit PayPal.Me to select your PayPal.Me Link and create your account. If you’re not a PayPal user you’ll be required to create one when signing-in. 

The PayPal.Me link I want is taken. What can I do?
PayPal.Me links can’t be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If your preferred link is taken, try some alternatives or pick one of our suggestions.

How many links can I have for PayPal.Me?
You may have only one active PayPal.Me link per PayPal account. Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Are there any restrictions on what I can name my link?
Yes. Here are the guidelines for selecting a PayPal.Me link:
  • It can only contain alphanumeric characters (letters A-Z, numbers 0-9) and can’t contain symbols, dashes, or spaces.
  • It’s not case sensitive, but casing is recommended to improve its readability for your friends and family.
  • Profane, offensive, defamatory or reserved trademarks are forbidden even if the link is available. Your account may be suspended if you violate this one. Let’s keep it clean.
  • Link names are limited to 20 characters max.

How long can I keep my PayPal.Me link?
Once you create your link, it’s yours to keep and it will never expire. You can choose to turn it off and on as often as you like.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @ShmrHnry and @allspark,

Sorry for any confusion. A PayPal.me link can only be created for an account in a country where payments can be received through PayPal. In some countries, it will not be possible to receive payments, so PayPal.me would not be an available option.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

wattana3203
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.