paypal.me problems

pianoman88
New Community Member

I have used the Paypal.Me link a number of times to receive payments from customers by texting the link assigned to me. Today when I sent the link to a customer and they paid the requested amount it has apparently gone to another Paypal user that I do not know. I called in to Paypal and was told that I had to have the customer call...shouldn't I be the one to try and solve this on my end?? And if someone has somehow gotten my Paypal user link , how do I change it...or can I?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pianoman88 wrote:

I have used the Paypal.Me link a number of times to receive payments from customers by texting the link assigned to me. Today when I sent the link to a customer and they paid the requested amount it has apparently gone to another Paypal user that I do not know. I called in to Paypal and was told that I had to have the customer call...shouldn't I be the one to try and solve this on my end?? And if someone has somehow gotten my Paypal user link , how do I change it...or can I?

The customer has to dispute the incorrect payment with the recipient. You weren't the recipient so you can't resolve it. When the link is created, names are on a first come first serve basis. How your payment ended up at some other PayPal account is a mystery because each link/name has to be unique. Once a link is created it can't be changed. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.