paypal gift card

hieunovember
New Community Member

Hi. 

Someone is owning me money and he doesn't have a bank card. Can he buy Paypal gift card at CVS with cash and set it to me. Am i able to add it to my paypal balance and with draw it to my bank?

PLease help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hieunovember 

They can but you cannot extract the funds from the gift card as cash to your PayPal balance. You must link it if its a visa/mc/amex/discover backed card and use it to make a purchase and the card must be able to cover the entire purchase, no split payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hieunovember
New Community Member

so like if they send me  200$ gift card, I can use anything to buy under 200$ .

Thanks

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hieunovember 

I have seen PayPal cards being available at Family Dollar (all packaged up in plastic) but I cannot recall for sure if its a PayPal Cash debit card or a PayPal gift card. If it is a PayPal Cash Debit MasterCard, the card can be activated and linked to a PayPal account and used to add cash at a Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, etc, to the PayPal account so the sender can then PayPal you money from their PayPal balance to your PayPal balance. A SSN or a tax ID number would be needed to set up the PayPal Cash card and the PayPal balance though.

@hieunovember wrote:

so like if they send me  200$ gift card, I can use anything to buy under 200$ .

Thanks

Yes!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.