paypal.com/paypalme2 displays $NaN when currency suffix used

klightspeed
Contributor
Contributor

Under certain unknown circumstances, some paypal.me links with a specified amount and currency redirect to www.paypal.com/paypalme2, which does not understand the currency suffix, and instead displays $NaN as the payment amount.

I can't identify under what circumstances www.paypal.me redirects to www.paypal.com/paypalme2.  At first I thought it was browser language, but another Chrome profile with the same browser language (which sends the same headers) did not redirect.

Regardless, when it doesn't redirect, www.paypal.me does understand currency suffixes, while www.paypal.com/paypalme2 does not.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SteveBrazil
New Community Member

Very often when I enter paypal.me/username, I am redirected to paypal.com/paypalme2/username and sometimes the text is in Spanish instead of English.

I was wondering if this is a virus, or just a programming error on the part of Paypal?  Anyone else have this problem?  Is this a virus?

Login to Me Too

artish20
New Community Member
I just noticed this address variation appear in suggestions as I typed my paypal.me address. I thought it might be some kind of skimmer situation, with someone else posing as me to get funds, but based on other posts in the community about this, it sounds like it could be the way address appears outside the States. My "real" paypal.me is still there, and as long as I'm giving people the correct address, it should be fine.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.