paypal collecting a fee on tax money

bandaid12
Contributor
Contributor

How can paypal be justified in collecting a fee on the sales tax that is collected by ebay when I sell an item on ebay? 

How and when will there be a class action suit?

How can we hold paypal accountable?  This just isn't right. I feel cheated by paypal and ebay. What a scam they have going.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bandaid12 

PayPal's fees are based on gross amount received tax, shipping, handling, etc included. They do not parse out portions to not charge fees on. Regular credit card processing merchant accounts never did that either. Fin-tech payment processors are no different. The gov has found out ways to tax the internet so we got to make allowance for the expense. The perks are over. The real world is encroaching on the web. As Glenn Fry would sing, "Get over it, get over it."

Charge a lil extra to cover the expense.

https://www.cardfellow.com/blog/dont-lose-money-from-processing-fees-sales-tax/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bandaid12 

PayPal's fees are based on gross amount received tax, shipping, handling, etc included. They do not parse out portions to not charge fees on. Regular credit card processing merchant accounts never did that either. Fin-tech payment processors are no different. The gov has found out ways to tax the internet so we got to make allowance for the expense. The perks are over. The real world is encroaching on the web. As Glenn Fry would sing, "Get over it, get over it."

Charge a lil extra to cover the expense.

https://www.cardfellow.com/blog/dont-lose-money-from-processing-fees-sales-tax/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.