opt out of stupid paypal business debit card

New Community Member

This shouldn't be allowed to happen.. sending cards to people WHO DID NOT SIGN UP.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

tharland
Contributor
Contributor

HeyI went through similar troubles, but I've found the solution. You can't go through PayPal's site to opt out, go back to your email where you were notified about the debit card opt out situation. Towards the bottom, there should be a blue block of white text that says:

"If you do not want to receive this card, log in to PayPal to opt out by November 17, 2019, and we won't ship it."

If you click on the "log in" link, it'll take you to a specific page that will let you opt out. I hope that's true for everyone!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

ACR1
Contributor
Contributor
Got email that said we could opt out but can’t find anywhere to do it or anyone who knows anything about opting out. Don’t want this credit card!
Login to Me Too

Joejoe11
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know also. How do I opt out of a card I didn't want and didn't sign up for?  There is nothing in my settings.

Login to Me Too

Sandhya2

opt out of stupid paypal business debit card

Login to Me Too

WANDERERXLC
Contributor
Contributor

I’VE JUST spent 30 mins trying to figure this out... so frustrating.  Makes me want to leave PP.

This should be illegal.

How do we OPT OUT?

Stop making it so cryptic.

Login to Me Too
Solved

tharland
Contributor
Contributor

HeyI went through similar troubles, but I've found the solution. You can't go through PayPal's site to opt out, go back to your email where you were notified about the debit card opt out situation. Towards the bottom, there should be a blue block of white text that says:

"If you do not want to receive this card, log in to PayPal to opt out by November 17, 2019, and we won't ship it."

If you click on the "log in" link, it'll take you to a specific page that will let you opt out. I hope that's true for everyone!

Login to Me Too

Melowout
Contributor
Contributor

PERFECT!  Clicking on 'log in' does the trick.  Funny how that doesn't stand out at all 

Login to Me Too

hfsonoma
New Community Member

I first thought this email was a phishing expedition, particularly with an emailed link to "log in." I would hope that a company that got its start in making transactions between eBay buyers and sellers more secure would realize that this kind of marketing is alarming amid the soaring number of cybersecurity breaches.

Login to Me Too

harbor
Contributor
Contributor

I just received the email today. There is no section about opting out - they must have reformatted to make it even more scummy. Scoured my account and got nothing. Tried customer service... nothing. This is DISGUSTING!!!!!

Login to Me Too

bagleyfanatic

Opt me out!  One more piece of garbage like this PAYPAL can kiss my **bleep** Goodbye!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.