how to create shipping label when no address is given on buyers acct

knife87
Contributor
Contributor

Im trying to create a shipping label to my buyer that doesnt have her address on her account, she messaged me her addresss however Im new to this and dont know how to create one without it already being a choice under her transaction, HELP!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @knife87

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues creating a label. If you are unable to see an address in the transaction details, that means the buyer has not supplied one. In order to be covered for seller protection, we ask you to ship it to the address that the buyer provides through the transaction. Since they have not, I would suggest reaching out to your buyer to notify them of this. If they are still wanting to go through with the purchase, you will want to refund the payment to them and have them initiate a new transaction, but they would need to include a shipping address. If you reach out to them and they supply you an address to ship it to without completing those steps, you may not be covered for seller protection. Reason for that is we wouldn't be able to confirm the tracking details since there wasn't an address provided. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks, 
Brooke

Login to Me Too

knife87
Contributor
Contributor
You helped me YES!! Okay so another one I’m not understanding is, for my first time ever actually going as far as to print, it wouldn’t print and I ended up printed/paying for 3 labels @ 6.95 each but only should have been charged a one time fee of 6.95, I’m now having to File a dispute on usps?? Insane to me, any suggestions on what to do
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @knife87,

In this situation, most likely the best course of action would be to continue to work with USPS on this one. You have up to 24 for UPS and 48 hours for USPS to void label after creating it. Any request past 48 hours, you would want to request a refund directly from USPS. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

knife87
Contributor
Contributor
Sadly I’ve yet to be refunded by usps not pay pal 😕
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @knife87,

I understand your concern. If you voided the label within the specified timeframe, the refund would happen after 15-21 days has elapsed, depending on the type of label that was created. The link above has a little more information.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.