how do i use my paypal account in stores?

lost71
Contributor
Contributor
Hi im curious as to how to use my paypal account to pay at the checkout at target,sears,walmart,ect....????? Please if anyone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate all the information anyone can provide..Thanks
Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

cgcardenas79
New Community Member

The store locator link provided...not all of those stores accept PayPal in store, correct? This is so misleading. I called a couple of the places listed near me and NO they do not accept PayPal as form of payment in store - FYI

Login to Me Too

thank you !! i just went and applied and was approved! great info!! thanks a ton!!

Login to Me Too

nick44
New Community Member

people-the store itself has got to be set up to accept PAYPAL!!!! Not every store of a particular chain is currently set up: for example, the autozone by my house accepts it, but the autozone about 5 miles away does not. just because a store accepts it online(walmart), does not mean that the "actual" store itself which you shop at accepts it(walmart)

Login to Me Too

Jaderbug
Contributor
Contributor

@nick44 wrote:

people-the store itself has got to be set up to accept PAYPAL!!!! Not every store of a particular chain is currently set up: for example, the autozone by my house accepts it, but the autozone about 5 miles away does not. just because a store accepts it online(walmart), does not mean that the "actual" store itself which you shop at accepts it(walmart)

Login to Me Too

Jaderbug
Contributor
Contributor

@nick44 wrote:

people-the store itself has got to be set up to accept PA

@nick44 wrote:

YPAL!!!! Not every store of a particular chain is currently set up: for example, the autozone by my house accepts it, but the autozone about 5 miles away does not. just because a store accepts it online(walmart), does not mean that the "actual" store itself which you shop at accepts it(walmart)

Login to Me Too

Portarican
Contributor
Contributor
You have to have the app on your phone amd locate the store on the app through the search option. Once you do that it will tell you what pin to enter.
Login to Me Too

Err0rNaNoMuS
New Community Member

Hello All, 

I have also encountered this issue, I was at a store that accepts paypal in store otherwise it would not be a method of checking out. once i entered my email address it asked for a pin.....i tried a pin that I would always assign to anything and that did not work. There must be a way to set this pin somewhere and i cannot seem to find it. 

can a paypal op with knowledge please assist with a correct answer?

please guide me with paypal for business

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

why cant you guys just get a Paypal debit card?

Login to Me Too

Ifihadahifi2
I bought one and its worthless. I cant load the card from my paypal account and i dont think i ever could or will. It seems like a complete scam or practical joke perhaps aimed at frustrating intellegent adults into realizing how aisininely complecated you can make something that was never intended to work. Blown the better half of my day coming to this conclusion.
Login to Me Too

CKWright22
New Community Member
To set and/or change your pin you must log in to account either desktop or mobile and and go to settings>security>mobile pin.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.