how do i use my paypal account in stores?

lost71
Contributor
Contributor
Hi im curious as to how to use my paypal account to pay at the checkout at target,sears,walmart,ect....????? Please if anyone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate all the information anyone can provide..Thanks
Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Helpful_ONE
Contributor
Contributor
The easiest and most obvious answer is to apply and use a PayPal Prepaid Debit Card. This will be accepted anywhere Mastercard is and also offers you numerous layers of buyer protection. Now, for those who do not have this option, please note: you need a VERIFIED PayPal account ( Must have both a bank account and credit card linked as well as phone number and identity confirmation). You will need to download the PayPal app via Google Play Store or iTunes. Log in and click on BUY IN STORE... This will automatically give you a list of available options in your area that accept PayPal at the register. Once you are there click on the correct store you are shopping at from the list on your mobile app..it will generate a code, ask the clerk to check you out with PayPal and on the screen you use to process credit card payments click on the button " check out with Paypal" it will ask you if you want cash back etc... then enter your code and...TADA!!! You have just checked out with PayPal. Much easier than it sounds however getting the debit card it easier yet 🙂
Login to Me Too

kitsmom
Contributor
Contributor
I want to know how to use the app!i cannot find the buy in store button or whatever!sooo 20 minutes later after scan this and the help faq i am having to type this
Login to Me Too

Marie9
New Community Member

I am also curious about how to use pay pal in stores

Login to Me Too

Billybee2
Contributor
Contributor
How do i use PayPal at Walmart stores
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Billybee2 wrote:
How do i use PayPal at Walmart stores

Get one of these and use it like a credit card. They will deduct payment from your PayPal balance or your back up funding source that you set up for the card.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card

I don't believe that Walmart is doing the PayPal mobile checkout in-store thing but you can confirm this by logging on the mobile app, click In-Store and search for Walmart. If you see a Walmart location near you, then click on the store for the 4 digit code to use at checkout in-store.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rtexas1212
New Community Member

Walmart only accepts Paypal online. They do not accept it in store.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I see this topic still gets a lot of traffic, and because things change from time to time, I wanted to make sure that there was an updated answer to this thread.

The features for in-store payment are primarily available in the US, though we're always looking to expand our capabilities. You can visit the Help Center specific to your country by clicking Help at the bottom of the PayPal website after logging in, and search for "in stores" to see if there are offerings in your country. As new features are added, articles about those features are also added to the Help Center.

Please take a look at this article for some information about using PayPal to pay in stores in the US. There's also this page regarding the cards available in the US. The cards can be used in stores, though PayPal Credit cannot.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.