ebay gift card to verify purhase

iszik
New Community Member

somebody said they are sending me 1500 but i need to buy a 50 dollar ebay card to verify the purchase is this scam ????

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

Belongbeloved
Contributor
Contributor
The same exact thing happened to me today. Sent me a realistic looking screenshot of where he’d supposedly sent me $5000 but said it would be pending until I gave him a $100 eBay card to verify the transaction. Gave me some BS about it being linked to his business card. Idk. Definitely a scam.
Login to Me Too

MorganP1234
Was his name Colin by chance? Because I received the exact same kind of message from someone with that name with the same amount of $ but wanted a 200$ eBay card
Login to Me Too

Aurel19

I had the same type of message. Wanted to be my sugar daddy promising a weekly allowance of $4000. He sent me a screenshot of the pending paypal payment. He said I have a purchase a $100 gift card to get the money. He also sent me screenshots of messages with one of his sugarbabies who also had doubts about this but got her payment when she purchased the ebay card. He also sent me a video of the girl saying thanks for the payment that she got the payment as soon as she sent the card. Also sent me a screenshot of the amount paid. He started by saying he only needed someone to talk to, because his mom just died and its not easy for him, he said he would not be asking for nudes or videos or anything as such. When I said I didn't trust him he said he understands but he has to do this because some of his sugar babies took the money then blocked him after. He added me on Facebook under the name MICHAEL <removed>. Anyway girls just be careful.

Login to Me Too

OMG YESS THIS LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY WITH EXACTLY WORD FOR WORD WHAT YOU SAID BUT HE WANTED ME TO BUY A $100 APPLE GIFT CARD TO SORT OUT MY TRANSACTIONS HE ADDED ME FROM FACEBOOK AS<removed> AND SENT ME VIDEOS OF HIS SUGAR BABIES SAYING THEY GOT THEIR PAYMENTS AND PICTURES OF THEM HOLDING THEIR MONEY AND TOLD ME HE IS CURRENTLY LIVING IN GERMANY AND SAID HE DOESNT WANT MY <removed>JUST SOMEONE TO TALK TO AND KEEP HIM COMPANY 🤣 🤣🤦🏼‍ ♀️

Login to Me Too

This just happened to me!! Did he say he was in Greece!?
Login to Me Too

Wkwk
New Community Member
Im in the same case like this
Login to Me Too

Did he happen to say he was in Greece and needed the $100 eBay gift card because it's a international transaction?
Login to Me Too

tinerol
Contributor
Contributor
I LEGIT JUST HAD SOMEONE DO THIS TO ME OMG... he wanted to "send" me 3000 but needed 50€ voucher card.. The poor editing of the screenshot i can't💀💀 I just sent him a screenshot of this thread and started asking for his paypal.me link. He said bye LMAOOO
Login to Me Too

Brookie091
New Community Member
Did anyone have any trouble after wards? I sent the link to my pay pal and then realised after it was a scam, I’m just worried about my bank account being hacked
Login to Me Too

ShenJieSha
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me and sent me a screenshot saying my $10,000 is pending until I buy $100 Ebay gift card, jokes on that person cuz I searched it all first amd saw this thread, they stopped replying after I sent this, careful everyone!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.