can you replace a paypal debit card with card at store

dynoman
Contributor
Contributor

going out of town for a week and a half, I can't find my paypal card that I want to use as change; I might order another one but wish it would go to where my destination is, can I buy one of those paypal cards at the store and transfer the movie into the new card?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dynoman 

I can see disasters/hassles happening a mile away on many levels with your plan. You are better off just using another card, like a credit card and just report the PayPal debit card as lost to PayPal so PayPal can deactivate the card and send you another card to your billing address, no third party/hotel address, for your safety. Perhaps call and speak with a customer service agent to see if you can report it lost and cancel the card completely, not replacing it at all and then go buy a PayPal debit card at the store and activate it.

In additional, you have to inform PayPal you'd like to be able to use your PayPal account while traveling so you don't get blocked for not the system recognizing you while abroad.

I don't even recommend messing with/using PayPal account while abroad on a trip outside of your home country because PayPal accounts are country specific, too many disasters to mention.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dynoman
Contributor
Contributor

Oh I'm just going out of state, not out of town but I guess if I do find it before anything, I can let them know

I dunno ill just see the new card once I get back

Login to Me Too

dynoman
Contributor
Contributor

not out of the country*

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.