can't activate a prepaid paypal mastercard

ziomario
Contributor
Contributor
Hello,

I'm an italian paypal user. I'm trying to activate a prepaid paypal mastercard. Something is wrong because I see that the little circle hangs forever...or it says....we are unable to complete your request at this time. So,what's the problem ? thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@ziomario

If you're still having issues with the card issuer website, maybe they can activate over the phone.

Here is the contact information for the company who issues this card in Italy on behalf of PayPal. 

https://www.paypal.com/it/webapps/mpp/prepaid-support

Login to Me Too

ziomario
Contributor
Contributor

I've already got this card,but help me to understand how it works : Premise that I have connected a bank account to my paypal account,when I use the pre-paid paypal card to buy something from amazon,money will be taken from my bank account ? I ask this because every time I have to put some money on the card,I should pay a tax of 2 euros...I thought that the American prepaid paypal card would allow to get money directly from the back account and that it was different from the Italian one...

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@ziomario

There are several US PayPal cards. Only the Business debit card has the ability to use a US bank account as a backup funding option when having a zero PayPal balance. The other PayPal debit cards have a type of custodial bank account linked allowing for employer or US Government benefits direct deposits. The PrePaid card does have a savings account feature but there is no access like a traditional bank would offer. Also, all the cards require US identity verification. If you have the US PayPal PrePaid card in Italy and you didn't complete US PayPal verification, you most likely have the temporary card and not the verified card.

The Italian PayPal card comes with an IBAN account and the ability to add funds to the card at a bank. There are some additional steps you would need to take in order to use the IBAN feature but it would be well worth it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.