assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

SWLinPHX
Contributor
Contributor

As has been mentioned in this thread, they had this feature like five years ago then removed it, so I doubt they will bring it back.  I have several cards and bank accounts linked (probably 15 in all) but I just have ways of memorizing the last digits of the ones I use most or need.  Not so hard if you do it often.

Login to Me Too

AkashY
New Community Member

this is total non sense that this isnt a feature yet. I have to either look in my wallet or log into my bank account just to confirm im using the right credit card when sending money.

We're in 2018 and im sure this can be implemented easily if Paypal wanted to.

I'll be using another service if this isnt addressed soon!!!

Login to Me Too

ToFran
Contributor
Contributor
Is this still not possible? 😕 Please add it
Login to Me Too

HQJ
New Community Member

Yes, need this feature!! It is realy hard to believe Paypel doesn't provide ths feature.  so many other compnaies alrady suppor this long time ago. Please!

Login to Me Too

cgabbott
New Community Member

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes please add this feature

Login to Me Too

Luan1
That Explains Alot.....
Login to Me Too

JWTRUE
Contributor
Contributor

So is does anyone from PayPal ever answer this question? I notice there is no way when Im logged in to use a "Help" button but even in this Community Forum I see no one has replies from PayPal on if this simple little request will ever get done. I VOTE ES FOR NICKNAMING CREDIT CARDS!**bleep**, I have about 8 on there and who the **bleep** knows what the last four digits are on that many cards. Come On PayPal get with it.

Login to Me Too

FSURACING67
New Community Member
+1!! I spent the last week making charges to the wrong card because they both just say visa.
Login to Me Too

Hollybluedog
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to use PP more now that more sites have that as an option for checking out. However, like someone else posted, it's pointless if I have to get my credit card out to figure out which one to choose when checking out with PP. I also do not understand why there are no replies to this thread from PP themselves, do they even monitor the posts here?

Login to Me Too

JWTRUE
Contributor
Contributor
To your question on does Pay Pay monitor and respond themselves I would have to say No. It's unfortunate as what is the point of just allowing us to vent or adding suggestions when our thoughts are unheard and unrecognized. Good luck. I would love for this too be resolved.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.