assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

SWLinPHX
Contributor
Contributor

They had this feature for debit, credit cards and bank accounts up until about five or six years ago, so best bet would be to call and ask them why they removed it or don't want to reinstate it.

Login to Me Too

CyrusDrake
Contributor
Contributor

I know this topic has been brought up before but maybe PayPal will address it if we keep talking about it! *crosses fingers* -- I have several accounts that I pull from within PayPal and all I can see are the last 4 digits of the accounts. I've made a mistake many times pulling from one or the other because the numbers are very similar...

Please, PayPal, will you add the simple and elegant feature to nick name accounts that we withdraw from???

Login to Me Too

Hollybluedog
Contributor
Contributor

I do not understand why this isn't possible? PayPal is becoming a very convient way for me to check out when shopping online, except for when I choose to use my credit card. Very rarely can I remember which card is which, and since one is for business it is VERY important to not choose the wrong card. I wish there was a better place to give PP feedback, as it appears they do not have moderators reviewing and commenting on this thread or the other one I found on this subject.

Login to Me Too

jb4home
Contributor
Contributor

I 100% agree....

Nicknames are very important when you have multiple linked bank and or credit cards....

Welcome to the electronic world..... need the nicknames so when you do things on your phone and can't read small

similar numbers..... you just see Business card or personal card or.... whatever you NEED to call it....

HELP-- this is a great feature that others have... and HOW dare Paypal not be a leader but a very distant follower!!

Login to Me Too

LindaBelle
Contributor
Contributor

I think that using feedback to make this request is the only way to get Paypal to make this change.  I think we all agree that this would be helpful. Please take the time to do this.

Login to Me Too

jb4homeME
New Community Member

I can't believe that it's 2 1/2 months or more between comments... and of course PAY PAL doesn't care to address this topic!

Login to Me Too

LindaBelle
Contributor
Contributor

I just managed to send a message to Paypal by going to Help and Contact at the bottom and then found the Message Center to email them.  They immediately sent a form response back on how to add an account.  I've just responded that they had not read my email and it's request to forward to the techs or up the chain...will see what happens.  I think this might be more effective than the Community forum. I'm hoping that many will take the time to do this and wait for the form email and then reply and maybe it will go to the correct people who can do something.

Login to Me Too

SWLinPHX
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if many of you know, but as late as 2011 or maybe even later PayPal did indeed have a feature to nickname or label linked PayPal accounts and credit cards.  My first couple are labeled but later, when I went to add more, this ability was removed.  So the question is, why did PayPal remove it in the first place??

Login to Me Too

CyrusDrake
Contributor
Contributor
Actually, I do remember they had it, which is probably why I miss it so much. It was such a simple thing to have but so useful.
Login to Me Too

pengulu
Contributor
Contributor

Being able to give nicknames to the cards/accounts is an absolute necessity, not window-dressing.

I am an International Legal Adviser, active in several jurisdictions.

At one point I had over a dozen cards registered in PayPal, from different countries, in different currencies.

It was all so confusing that I have let most of them expire and now there are only two of the dozen still working.

I simply stopped using PayPal, as it was simply impossible to know each time which card, in which country and on what currency the charge would be!

If PayPal does not heed this feedback about adding readily visible freindly names, I am sure I will not be the only one who will turn his back completely to it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.