adding funds to the paypal cash card

m_b_mason
New Community Member

I need to add funds to my paypal cash card using a debit card but I see no way to do that. It only asks for a bank account which I don't have. Is there a way to do this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@m_b_mason 

See this link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-cash-card-faq3874

Note that the PayPal Cash card accesses funds that's available in your PayPal balance. You can add funds to your PayPal balance as described in the link above via the card. 

However, if you want to add funds to your card through your PayPal account, you must add money to your PayPal balance with your linked bank account, cash a paper check via PayPal mobile app, or via PayPal's direct deposit feature, then you will be able to access the cash once transferred and available in your PayPal balance, with your PayPal Cash card.

You can't add funds to your PayPal balance with debit card as funds cannot be extracted from any card (credit, debit, gift, or prepaid) to the PayPal balance, it is against the PayPal User agreement to do so.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@m_b_mason 

See this link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-cash-card-faq3874

Note that the PayPal Cash card accesses funds that's available in your PayPal balance. You can add funds to your PayPal balance as described in the link above via the card. 

However, if you want to add funds to your card through your PayPal account, you must add money to your PayPal balance with your linked bank account, cash a paper check via PayPal mobile app, or via PayPal's direct deposit feature, then you will be able to access the cash once transferred and available in your PayPal balance, with your PayPal Cash card.

You can't add funds to your PayPal balance with debit card as funds cannot be extracted from any card (credit, debit, gift, or prepaid) to the PayPal balance, it is against the PayPal User agreement to do so.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.