accepting money

carlieconforti
Contributor
Contributor
hello, i recently sold an item through paypal and the buyer used the paypal protection so i had to pay a fee. The money was on hold until the item got to her house and she accepted the package. I went to accept the money and transfer it into my bank account and it said “there’s a problem, right now we are not able to complete this transaction. it is $485 and i need it to go into my account! please help!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi  @carlieconforti 

Are you still having troubles transferring your PayPal funds to your bank account?

There could be various reasons why you are getting an error message when trying to transfer money to your bank, check this article to find out why and check alternatives: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-can't-i-transfer-money-to-my-bank-faq3988?app=search...

Hope that helps. 

Kudos and Solved are highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @carlieconforti,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I think you are now referring to transferring your money from your PayPal to your bank after it was finally released from being held.

This error is a possibly because of a limitation placed on your account or you may need to go through a security check, so we can confirm your identity. Your debit card or bank account may not be eligible to process Instant Transfer or our security system may have detected unusual activity.

If the transfer to your bank account still doesn’t go through, try:
-Clearing you browser's cache and cookies.
-Linking an eligible debit card and transferring money using this card.
-Linking a bank account and transferring money using this account.

*Though multiple failed attempts may still trigger the internal security program, I may suggest to try doing the transaction maybe after a couple of days.

Hope this helps. Keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.