Your payment for shipping cannot be processed ???? ERRORCODE-50023

Janos
Contributor
Contributor

Question,

So I am trying to print a shipping label using my paypal account like I have always done. My account has been used for over 15 years and now today when I try and print a label, it says " Your payment for shipping cannot be processed because it exceeds your available balance. Please add a credit card or bank to your account for completing this label purchase. ERRORCODE-50023 "

How can shipping not be processed because shipping costs exceeds my available balance when I have more then enough to cover the cost? have several bank accounts, debt cards and credit cards linked to my account. My account has been verified for over a decade. This is extremely strange. 

So I sold something to someone on eBay, they sent me the money and Paypal will not allow me to create a shipping label because of the above error. When I try creating one on eBay, I was able to. However, I accidently did not weight my package correctly and cannot void the label (they no longer have that option near the end of the order details page). Now I will be stuck paying shipping prices twice.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janos wrote:

Question,

So I am trying to print a shipping label using my paypal account like I have always done. My account has been used for over 15 years and now today when I try and print a label, it says " Your payment for shipping cannot be processed because it exceeds your available balance. Please add a credit card or bank to your account for completing this label purchase. ERRORCODE-50023 "

How can shipping not be processed because shipping costs exceeds my available balance when I have more then enough to cover the cost? have several bank accounts, debt cards and credit cards linked to my account. My account has been verified for over a decade. This is extremely strange. 

So I sold something to someone on eBay, they sent me the money and Paypal will not allow me to create a shipping label because of the above error. When I try creating one on eBay, I was able to. However, I accidently did not weight my package correctly and cannot void the label (they no longer have that option near the end of the order details page). Now I will be stuck paying shipping prices twice.

I printed a label but am not going to use it? Can I void the label and get a refund?

Yes. You have up to 5 days from the time you print a USPS label to void it and get a refund. The cost of the label is credited to your PayPal account within about 21 days. To void a label:

1. Go to My eBay and click Shipping Labels under Sell.
  2. In the Actions column click 'Void label'.
  3. Follow the instructions on the Void your shipping label page.

For FedEx labels printed on eBay, you are only charged for the labels you use - no need to worry about misprinted or destroyed labels.

With UPS, you are only charged for the labels you use, but must void a label if you don't use it to avoid being charged.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.