Why does shipping label need a date?

Micaela4
Contributor
Contributor
This is my first time using PayPal shipping labels, and the system required me to enter a date. I put tomorrow’s date. Due a family emergency, it’s unlikely I’ll be able to get all (any?) of the orders out tomorrow. Will the label be void if I can’t use it tomorrow? I’m aware that I can cancel labels, but I would rather avoid recreating them all again if possible. Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Micaela4 

Its so USPS can make their delivery date quotes perhaps?

Some USPS clerks, if you have them scan packages as accepted, will check and do not accept packages that are a day or more beyond the ship date on the label and ask you to void the label and make another one, this happens generally at the POs in the neighborhoods from my personal experience as opposed the downtown main hub PO.

If you know ahead of time you won't be able to ship on a certain date, notify your customers of the delay or hold off buying the label until you can. If I recall correctly, PayPal Shipping allows 3 or 4 days beyond the date you are buying the label to choose from as the ship date.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.