What is happeneing with PayPal support/email and the card activation?

symphonytech
Contributor
Contributor

Been trying to activate a PayPal debit card for three months...…

Been trying to get through on phone - no chance

Been trying to email on the specific help pages - says there is a technical issue

Been trying to use the generic email - same problem

Tried to navigate the telephone system and ended up on hold indefinitely.

below is the email I just tried to send that failed due to another technical issue:- 

Hi there,

I have had enormous issues activating this card; I am currently on my third card!

The first two wouldn't activate - it suggested that all the details weren't completed but wouldn't give any opportunity to change them. I have spoken to the agents several times and been promised callbacks but no one ever called back.

On the third card it keeps taking me to the sections for updating the details, but it fails. I have uploaded the letter of application, but each time I log back in it says there has been a technical error and it needs to update.

Same goes for the beneficial owners section - it says there is a technical issue every time I click next to confirm.

Can't even get into the company directors section.

This has been going on months...has anyone actually managed to get one of these cards to work?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@symphonytech 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.