Web host pulling the plug on us!

jeremy1980197
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

We have 5 websites, different brands selling online. All originally built on Mr Site web package. All sites due well and although a dates package has worked for us. 

Mr Site were taken over by TSO Host who were taken over by Go Daddy. 

We have a contract/subscription until 04/21 that we have paid but received notice yesterday that Mr Site is no longer going to be supported and they will be closing down the servers in 30 days and contract/subscription refunded up to termination date.

All 5 websites bring in nearly close to £1 million pounds, we knew we would need to leave Mr Site as we had outgrown it. We had transferred one site and the other four were scheduled to migrate to our new host as the our contracts naturally came to end. We are deeply concerned and feel this is very underhand from GoDaddy who should at least honour the contracts up until expiry and not just give 30 days notice. 

Ther content on the site is not transferable as it is a bespoke package. We will deal with it and have an excellent team dealing with it counting down the hours but it is the nastiness of Go Daddy doing this that does not sit well with me. 

Where do I stand please? I am sure legally they have everything covered. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.