Wanted a personal Cash Card but was sent Business Debit?

vyudali1
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. So I recently learned about the Cash Card and wanted to request one but wasn't allowed, so after some back and forth with Customer Service I was sent a Business Debit. I figured this was fine since it seems to have the same perks and whanot but apparently it can't do direct deposit, which was the reason I wanted the Cash Card in the first place. Is there a reason I was sent a Business one instead? My account is personal and any eBay and other transactions I've done on it have been for hobby related things, not business. I don't have a registered business so i'm also worried it'll come back to haunt me that I'm operating one without a state permit when I don't even have one. I'm planning to cancel this card immediately, but is it possible to get the regular one?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @vyudali1,

That's a great question! I can definitely understand your concern. Normally, the deciding factor between getting a Business card and a Cash card is what kind of account you have. If you have a Business account, you'll get a Business card. There's not going to be any issue operating a PayPal Business account with out a registering with the state or requesting an EIN or such. However, if you reach a certain amount of sales, you may be responsible for reporting them on your taxes. Just to double check with the Cash card and Business debit card, I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Support one more time to see why you were approved for one and not the other, especially since your profile states you have a Personal account. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

vyudali1
Contributor
Contributor
Customer service insists i only qualify for a business one while giving me generic reasonings but no specifics as to why my particular account is considered a business. They want me to create an entirely new account for the card but that's such a hassle so I'm just gonna have them cancel the card. **bleep** it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.