Vemno, PayPal, debit card

Chryssy67
New Community Member
It seems that Venmo & PayPal aren't compatible with each other, or rather they don't support each other? If you already had a PayPal account and then also got the Venmo card, you'll be surprised to know your funds from your PayPal aren't readily available to spend on Venmo...! So is this to be a completely separate card? What retail stores can load funds on Venmo? And if I can't use existing funds in my Venmo to make purchases, what exactly is this card good for?! Just saying, I don't see why I should prefer it, Am I missing something?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chryssy67 

Venmo in relation to PayPal is simply a business/sales tool: Venmo users can pay with their Venmo account at PayPal checkout. That's the extent of it. PayPal and Venmo accounts cannot transfer payments to each other P2P.

The respective debit cards that each service has, primarily access funds within the balances of those services. PayPal had more years to develop the features of the PayPal debit card. Venmo just started so with time surely those services could also expand.

Currently, appears the card accesses funds that'r available in the Venmo balance but you can reload the balance at this time with your verified bank account. 

Scroll through this page about the features of the card:

https://venmo.com/about/debitcard/

Ultimately, if the features are lacking, you don't have to get the Venmo card unless they force on Venmo users.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.