Unknown deposit

blmay1210
Contributor
Contributor

I received a large amount in a deposit from an unknown company, Helloworld.Inc. I have not received any email from company concerning returning funds or doing anything suspicious. I am fearful that someone could hack my checking account information in the transferring funds option. I have attempted to reach out to resolution center with no help. Is this a scam? Anybody heard of this company? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

elainepoore
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on this. It happened to me too. I cant find anything on it

Login to Me Too

blmay1210
Contributor
Contributor
I have not heard anything and resolution center says they can’t do anything when I try to report issue? I have sent an email but haven’t heard back from email attached to deposit. It doesn’t give me an option to refund money so seems way sketchy for my taste. I am not transferring or touching that money!
Login to Me Too

elainepoore
Contributor
Contributor
Turns out if you Google PayPal 2020 sweepstakes it is legit if you used you QR code to send or receive money it entered you in a lotto drawing one of the prizes is $500 I reached out to PayPal and sent them the link and they confirmed it! The company is a promotion company you can research them too. They said there was nothing wrong with the account and the money is already in my balance and I could use it or transfer to bank. I was as shocked as you are. I even searched the web and found NO warnings or anything! It was from November- mid December that you had to use it and each week the compute randomly selects winners and PayPal pits $500 in account if win. The bigger prize is 10k and you have to sign for that. It’s really yours
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.