Unable to Print Shipping Labels

1213Steven
New Community Member

"Your payment for shipping cannot be processed because it exceeds your available balance. Please add a credit card or bank to your account for completing this label purchase. ERRORCODE-50023"

I know that this is a pretty common problem, no... there is not anything wrong with my paypal balance, I have multiple funding sources attached, the first five labels went fine, and then it was hello darkness my old friend. I am currently able to print labels by clicking another package type, as to allow me to try and calculate the price again, and if I do this enough times it will allow me to eventually print the label. However, with multiple labels to print, this can take over an hour with some taking over ten tries. I am wondering if their are any known fixes for this? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ysa_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @1213Steven

Good day! I hope all is well. Thank you for using community forum to be heard. You can create shipping labels and packing slips on PayPal when you ship by U.S. Postal Service (USPS). You don't need a special label printer - just print the label on a normal sheet of paper and tape it to your package.

Here’s how to create a shipping label from your PayPal account:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page and find the item you want to ship.
  2. Click on the transaction you're looking for and then click Ship.
  3. Choose either UPS or USPS as your shipping carrier.
  4. Enter and review your shipping information then click Calculate shipping.
  5. Click Confirm and Pay.
  6. Click Print label on the "Finish printing your label" page.

If you have a pop-up blocker installed on your browser, you need to turn off the pop-up blocker to print your label.

Print your shipping label on plain paper and fold at the line. Affix the label using clear plastic shipping tape over the entire label.

UPS labels must be purchased with a PayPal balance. If you don't have enough money in your PayPal balance, add money to your account. You can create your label after the money has posted to your account.

Keep safe!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Stay Blessed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.