Uable to transfer from Paypal to Paypal-Prepaid

Gregory29
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to transfer funds from Paypal.com to Paypal-Prepaid.  Tech departments of both unable to fix my account.  Something odd is going on here.... Is Paypal holding funds of account holders for weeks in order to invest and make interest.  Why will they not fix my problem?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

loveerica5683
Contributor
Contributor

They are doing this to me as well. This is the 4th time ive transferred money and they have with held it the last 3. in the sum of $500. They claim its "security reviews" but then say that my account has no risk on it. They just released it this morning, then immediately held it again. and when i call now, they pretend they cant hear me and hang up. I did some research and on their BBB page, they have had a Federal lawsuit for with holding money and not adequately disclosing they would do so before you make transactions. I dont know what the hell their problem is, or why, but i do know they are not doing it legally.

Login to Me Too

Gregory29
Contributor
Contributor

What is interesting is that the tech teams at both Paypal.com and Paypal-Prepaid.com are unable to resolve my problem or even identify the problem.  Very odd for a company as big as Paypal.  I am wondering if accounts are randomly frozen and the funds are then invested by Paypal for daily interest.  I can foresee a class action lawsuit coming if this is what is going on.  Some outside channels need to investigate this.

Login to Me Too

loveerica5683
Contributor
Contributor

They already have had and lost a federal lawsuit for it, because its fraudulent behavior. They had to pay a total of $41,000 and some because of it. 

Login to Me Too

loveerica5683
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, it says that every civil penalty for this can result in $41,484

Login to Me Too

Monodg
Contributor
Contributor
Uploaded requested documents but still unable to withdraw funds and I'm finding it impossible to make contact with someone who can help me, phone will not answer. It's very frustrating, I need to access the money.
Login to Me Too

Gregory29
Contributor
Contributor

I would love to know the number of people who have their accounts frozen (for no apparent reason) on any given day.  That's a lot of money for Paypal to hold onto!!!

Login to Me Too

loveerica5683
Contributor
Contributor

They only let it ring once and hang up on you too so you cant answer it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.