Trying to send money to off-grid son or his elderly landlady

Chenagemht
Contributor
Contributor

My son is off grid on the other side of the country without ID, phone, email, and has a hacked facebook account.  His landlady gets Social Security on a SS Debit card.  Supposedly she has received a paypal prepaid debit card but has not set it up.  She does not have a bank account.  I was sending him money to his netspend card but all the places that would do that here have stopped, now he has lost the card, anyway.  What does the landlady need to set up her debit card?  Open a paypal account?   What does she need to be able to do that?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

allspark
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Chenagemht,

I'm sorry about the issues your son and his landlady are experiencing.

Here are the steps your son and his landlady will need to take.

Landlady:

• Create a PayPal account at: www.paypal.com and click Sign Up.
  • Activate her PayPal Prepaid Card at: www.paypal-prepaid.com and click on Activate your Card Account here.
    • It will ask for the card number and the security code.
    • Bank account isn't required.

Son:

• Lost PayPal Prepaid Card: call[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]to report lost card, it is an automated system open 24 hours.
    • A new replacement card will be sent once he reports the card as lost.

If you have more questions, please contact us directly by sending us a message here and click Message us.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

allspark
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Chenagemht 

Sorry, the phone number your son should contact was removed by our automated system.

Please find that phone number at our FAQ's website here: https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/faq.shtml.

The information is located under the question: "What do I do if my PayPal Prepaid MasterCard is lost or stolen?"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.