Super weird issue w/ Paypal shipping label, wrong return name

Skeet_Man
Contributor
Contributor

Went to create a shipping label this morning with paypal, using https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/ (transaction was paid by check, not ebay or paypal).  I went to put in buyers info and the page kinda glitched out and froze.  Happens sometimes, so I hit refresh, put buyers info back in, put package info in, everything is fine, for whatever reason I glance over at the return address, and the address is right, but the name is very wrong, really wish I would have taken a screenshot.  Thought it was weird, another glitch, so I refreshed again, went though all the steps, everything correct, print label, everything fine.  I didn't recognize the name, but have an acquaintance of the same last name, so I decided to throw it into Facebook.  Imagine my shock when it pops up as his wifes name.  These people aren't known criminals, but aren't exactly the kind of people you'd trust with the keys to your house either, and there is less than zero reason that her name should have had any association with my account.  I've never bought or sold anything to/from either, and can't find as much as a record of an email to him (would never have a reason to send one to her).  Also just discovered he unfriended me from facebook at some point.

Changed my email and paypal passwords, and called paypal.  They can't figure it out, can't find any trace of anything being altered in my account, nothing. 

Bottom line is either I got hacked by these people somehow (which I would never peg either as being smart enough to do) either through my iphone or when I hotspotted my laptop from my iphone (which was password protected), or this is the biggest coincidence in my life.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.