Simple question: Is PayPal too difficult to set up?

John-77
Contributor
Contributor

I guess what I'm asking is this: I have created simple websites from scratch. But it seems like on PayPal there are literally 100 pages of various confusing information to read through to try to get this to work. All I'm trying to do is set up a payment system on a website, where a person can pay a small amt ($1.50) to post an ad. I really didn't want to take weeks to try to figure this out. I assume PayPal would figure it out, for a hefty fee. So, is this not really the place for someone who does not have degrees/experience in computer networking?

For example I tried using the standard buttons. Even though there is a transaction amt entered in the html/javascript code, nowhere does that amt show when clicking the credit card button. As a test, just to see if it would take me to another page, I used an expired card just to see what happened. After clicking the OK button (whatever it was called), a box popped up saying something about it being a successful order (even though I used an expired card).

Also, since I'm not shipping anything, I really don't want "shipping address" info. Didn't see any way to change this.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.