Shipping problem

hsvgal
Contributor
Contributor

I have received payment from a buyer, which included shipping charges, however, she asked me to hold off shipping as she may want to purchase other items from me.  So I held off.  Now she is purchasing more which will result in additional shipping charges.  I can invoice her for the additional items andthe additional shipping charges, but what I need to know is how do I handle the first transaction that already has the initial shipping charge on it.  I never created a shipping lable for it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hsvgal 

If it is possible to ship them all together under one tracking number, buy the postage label under one of the transactions, add a short message to the buyer under their shipping address while buying postage and say that both transaction IDs (copy and paste both transaction IDs) will be shipped together.

After that enter the same tracking number from that postage label to the other transaction by clicking "Add Tracking" button in the transaction details. You can access the details by clicking on the transaction itself. Therefore when the buyer clicks on both tracking links in the transactions, they will have the same tracking information for the one package. If for some reason you get an error message when entering the same tracking number in the other order, try again but this time enter "420" and the 5-digit zip code of the shipping address and then the tracking number again, no spaces in the number and hit save/submit. It links to the same tracking information for domestic shipping.

If it's intl shipping, enter the same customs label ID number as I don't have work around for that one. 😞

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hsvgal 

If it is possible to ship them all together under one tracking number, buy the postage label under one of the transactions, add a short message to the buyer under their shipping address while buying postage and say that both transaction IDs (copy and paste both transaction IDs) will be shipped together.

After that enter the same tracking number from that postage label to the other transaction by clicking "Add Tracking" button in the transaction details. You can access the details by clicking on the transaction itself. Therefore when the buyer clicks on both tracking links in the transactions, they will have the same tracking information for the one package. If for some reason you get an error message when entering the same tracking number in the other order, try again but this time enter "420" and the 5-digit zip code of the shipping address and then the tracking number again, no spaces in the number and hit save/submit. It links to the same tracking information for domestic shipping.

If it's intl shipping, enter the same customs label ID number as I don't have work around for that one. 😞

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.