Seller disappeared from eBay

Briski01
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys....I bought an item on eBay about 2 weeks ago, it was a pre order item which I'm due to receive around the 6th November. Yesterday, I thought I'd check the order details and upon checking, the item has been removed and the seller has disappeared, absolutely no way to contact him. Have I been conned...?. Obviously I'll wait until the actual release day but I've never had this happen before... What do you guys think ? Cheers Bri

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

selling pre ordered items can be sticky on Ebay,esp around Xmas,Ebay could ask for vendor invoice,receipt etc to prove the seller has indeed placed an order.

In some cases,Ebay could also confirm with the vendor .

Login to Me Too

Briski01
Contributor
Contributor
Before the seller "disappeared" he messaged me thanking me for placing an order and saying when I would get the item. Seemed so legit at the time. Probably best to wait until I'm supposed to receive the item and take it from there....
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if you don't get it,you can always open a case of item not received on Paypal.

Reading this forum,there seems to be more cases of disappearing Ebay sellers?? like UFO? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.