Safe to buy the dress?

Tifanie7
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am considering purchasing a wedding dress from a stranger who lives in Texas. I am concerned about paying her $500 and not receiving the dress. How can PayPal help with this?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Goldileen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Tifanie7

Welcome to the Paypal Community. Thank you for your patience. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here.

Although we may not provide details regarding the seller, we still got your back. When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Purchase / Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund.

You can click on this link for further assistance:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-cover-my-purchase-if-there's-a-problem-(purc...

Hope this helps. Please stay safe. 

Kudos and Solved are greatly appreciated..😊

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Goldileen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Tifanie7

Welcome to the Paypal Community. Thank you for your patience. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here.

Although we may not provide details regarding the seller, we still got your back. When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Purchase / Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund.

You can click on this link for further assistance:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-cover-my-purchase-if-there's-a-problem-(purc...

Hope this helps. Please stay safe. 

Kudos and Solved are greatly appreciated..😊

Login to Me Too

Temp20201216e
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is no longer safe to use. Their fraud protection is worthless and PayPal will side with a scam merchant over you every time. I would recommend using any other t payment type. Again PayPal is not safe.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.