Refund Runaround

davidskennedy
New Community Member

I purchased a product on April 16th. I paid for the product on the 16th as well. The seller told me to give him my address on the 16th because it would help him ship it faster. I received no tracking number. I inquired again on April 25th and the seller said it was going out the April 27th due to the boxes required (FYI it was one box). I asked for the tracking number again and again nothing. On the 30th I asked if he sent it on the 27th and he said sorry but they've been busy and it was sent on the 28th and tracked, it should be to me in ten days. On May 11th seller told me that it was shipped approx three weeks prior. I had to reach out again on May 16th and the seller told me it was shipped on approx on the 12th and it should be to me on the 20th. At this time I said if it wasn't shipped I would have asked for a refund. I again asked for a tracking. On May 22nd, the tracking number came and the package was "accepted" on May 18th (two days after I mentioned the refund and six days after he said he already sent it). I told the seller at this time, after telling me he shipped it twice when he hadn't I would be returning the package unopened. I was even willing to split the shipping and take it out of my refund. I finally received the package on the 28th and returned it on the 29th. (I actually brought it straight to the post office on the 28th but they didn't process it until the 29th) After all this I asked for the refund on the 29th, only after I was able to confirm via the post office website that the tracking number was good. The seller though says he can't refund any money until the package is returned. We had an argument but stayed relatively civil. I told him given the situation I wasn't being unreasonable to request a refund when I shipped the package. Am I out of line in all this? The seller is getting more and more evasive and already setting up a post office accident theory where he wouldn't get the package back which he would then not give me a refund. Given he lied to me twice about sending the package and my promptness in paying and giving him the tracking information, is it unreasonable to request the refund at this time? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.