Refer a Friend Deal

JohnHubbard
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Awhile ago I referred my wife to Paypal under the 'Refer a friend' scheme sending her 1p etc and was told as soon as she has spent £5 or more we will both receive £10.

A number of people on this community have complained about the same thing, is this a scam by Paypal to increase their customer base and not honour the deal?

Looks like the only way of dealing with this is to get my wife to close her account and work via mine, at least then they don't have the customer increase that they are looking for!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnHubbard 

I don't know how picky PayPal will go but:

Invitations

You may only send invitations to personal friends and acquaintances, and may never publish or distribute your invitation in public locations where the audience is likely to include people who are not your personal friends. If you post your invitation on any third party website, such as a social media website, you must also comply with that website’s terms of use.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/invite/terms?utm_content=PSOCIAL&dclid=CNzF6ePRqecCFUeZAQodM10...

A wife is probably not in the same category as a "personal friend" or "acquaintance". Does PayPal check for matching billing addresses of referrer and referee to determine if referred person is a friend/acquaintance or not to apply this offer? I wonder.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JohnHubbard
Contributor
Contributor

No, its a case of somebody else they need to have on their list, don't wonder anymore!! 😁

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.