[Ranting] My PayPal Digital Gifts Experience

FateSong
Contributor
Contributor

On 7/12/2019 9:49PM EST, I purchased 2 digital gift cards from PayPal Digital Gift as a birthday celebration/ Thank you gift to my friend who helped me.

The gift cards were supposed to be sent to the recipient inbox shortly since these were digital gift card codes.

However, I received an email indicating "We’re working on your order from PayPal Digital Gifts" on the same day 7/12/2019 10:50PM EST. Per the email, I need to wait and if the recipient does not receive the gift card within next 23 hours. I will need to contact PayPal Digital Gifts.

My friend and I waited until 7/14/2019 1:18PM. My friend still did not receive it.

At this point, I felt like I needed to call PayPal for some help.

The first agent from PayPal Digital Gift was a nice and polite agent. From the information I understood from her, the digital gift card codes were sent by a 3rd party digital gift card vendor.

The 3rd party digital gift card vendor had marked this transaction as completed and the codes were sent.
However, my friend never received an email from PayPal Digital Gifts with the codes and I never received an email with the recipient indicating the gift card code is sent.

I asked the PayPal Digital Gift agent to provide me the gift card codes, so that I can directly give them to my friend to use it. She was unable to provide them to me.

The PayPal Digital Gift agent then changed her statement to I will either have to wait longer (with unknown timeframe provided) or I can file a dispute. I asked her if I can get better solution or if there is any ticket system telling me my case status. She indicated me they do not have ticket system to escalate these issues. I can only request to dispute or to keep waiting (with an indefinite timeframe).

I asked if the PayPal digital gift agent can transfer me to her supervisor in hopes of a better solution. I was transferred to her supervisor, and he provided the same information as the previous agent. I was displeased with this solution and I requested a dispute, since this option was offered by both the agent and supervisor. I was told he will transfer my call to Dispute for help, HOWEVER he HUNG UP my call!!!

At this point, I understood PayPal Digital Gift is incredibly unprofessional and offers no help or assistance to customers who were experiencing issues like myself. Thus, I directly called to PayPal to file a Dispute.

Since my friend and I had already waited over a day for the gift card codes, I decided to go out and buy the physical gift cards from the local pharmacy. These were for their birthday and it already passed while waiting on the PayPal digital gift cards.

Here are the dispute details in chronological order:
1. On 7/14/2019 2:18PM, I created the dispute under PayPal Dispute department assistance over the phone.
2. On 7/15/2019 1:42AM EST, PayPal Digital Gifts sent me two receipts stating the gift cards were sent to my friend. I asked my friend if he just received two gift card code email.
3. On 7/15/2019 1:43AM EST, PayPal Digital Gifts sent me an update on my dispute. Stating they are "Re-sending" the digital gift card code to my friend.
4. On 7/15/2019 1:55AM EST, I replied to PayPal Digital Gifts that I am requesting to dispute the PayPal because I already purchased 2 physical gift card and provided codes to my friend. I also told them I have a copy of all emails I received from PayPal as evidence on this case.
5. On 7/15/2019 1:55AM EST, PayPal Digital Gifts told me no refund even though the PayPal Digital Gift agent and supervisor via phone call, kept telling me to file a dispute.

Throughout this whole event, I have come to a conclusion that I want to share with every one of you who uses PayPal Digital Gifts for gift cards.

1. PayPal Gift is disgusting unprofessional, unreliable, discouraging and completely unreasonable.
2. During this entire process I was not offered once an apology or even help on this matter during phone conversations.
3. Excuses for everything. I was given excuse after excuse to cover the inept services and terrible customer service.
4. I expect PayPal to have reliable services and reliable 3rd party vendors/contractors for services, as well as a means of resolving issues.
It is mind blowing that a ticket system would not be in place, it shows how lacking in customer service they are.

At the end, I am stuck and forced to accept gift card codes that were delayed by 2 days.

I would never recommend PayPal Digital Gifts to anyone in any instance.

I am taking time out of my day in order to write this out so the community understands how frustrating and time consuming it can be if you choose PayPal Digital Gifts. It completely ruined my image of PayPal, I thought I could always count on them. I was wrong.

Hope this helps gives some insight to the terrible service called PayPal Digital Gifts.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.