Question

audreycarpenter
Contributor
Contributor

Shut down my PayPal debit card (against my better judgement and pressure from PayPal staff) and it's been 10 days (the maximum time I was told it would take to receive my replacement card and it still has not arrived. 

I called today and spoke to a supervisor who told me there is no way to overnight a card.

They would have to issue another one - another 10 days. 

Who else has gone through this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @audreycarpenter,

I'm very sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your PayPal Debit MasterCard. I understand how frustrating that can be. The cards typically take between 10-14 business days to be shipped, so hopefully by this point you've received the card. Regrettably, starting the process over would only delay you receiving it, and would nullify the card you're about to receive once it arrives. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but it's correct that we cannot overnight our cards to our users. I hope this information helps.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

audreycarpenter
Contributor
Contributor

You didn't address my question. My question was to other PayPal users, not a customer service representative. I asked OTHER USERS who had also experienced a delay to respond. 

And, no, it's not 10-14 days. I was repeatedly told 7-10 days. So are you lying or are all the other customer service reps lying?? Is it 7-10 days, which is not only what MULTIPLE customer service reps all said (including supervisors) but what was also noted in my wallet section, or is it 10-14 days? Whose lying and why? 

There is absolutely NO REASON a debit card should take 7-14 days to reach a customer. It's being mailed from Massachusetts. I live in the Midwest. Standard mail arrives in 2-3 days. Period. You need a better delivery method. You have no tracking on a DEBIT CARD, which is insane and they don't arrive on time.

And OF COURSE I shut the card down when it didn't arrive on the 10th day. BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT SOMEONE ELSE USING MY CARD IF IT WAS MISDELIVERED. Duh. 

And WHY would you not overnight a card when asked to do so? You guys **bleep**ed up, not me. You should be going the extra mile to make this right, not make the customer wait another 7-10 days.

**bleep**tiest customer service on the planet. When I get my card I am taking the money out of the account, shutting down my card and never using PayPal again. I don't know of ANY other banking facility that does this with customers. Deplorable. 

No need to respond. I won't read it if you do. Not interested in more **bleep** from "PayPal Customer Service" or should I say **bleep** ups?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.