cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems issuing refund

Highlighted
Contributor

Problems issuing refund

I received payment for an item on ebay and promptly transferred the funds to my bank account.  There was another payment right after that PP is holding  (I started selling after a long absence).

Anyway, the payment that I transferred to the bank, I need to refund that as I made a mistake in the ebay listing.  When I click on refund, PP says it can't do it and I need to transfer funds to my PP account (didn't they use to just take it back from the bank?).  I don't see anywhere I can deposit to PP.  I sent a message to PP 4 hours ago and no reply.

Also, this is the first time I am doing this since the tax being added by ebay, the PP screen seems to imply I need to repay the tax myself, is that true so that I would have to wait for ebay to get it back to me?  I need to know what is the amount I need to deposit as I might take some cash to Walgreens tomorrow and do the deposit that way.  I hate making buyers nervous.  PP isn't making it any easier since the spin off.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Problems issuing refund

This is ridiculous.  They've found a way to set up a new group to get government PPP loans for people so they can cash in on the commissions, yet they've totally shut down their support.  Phone lines - nope, all shut down.  Email responses - in a black hole.  Text message with a bot telling me I'll get a response in 1 hour - ya, maybe it was Spock talking... hours would be like days - except it may be weeks....

This really is the last straw.  Can't trust PayPal regardless the situation!!!!