Problems issuing refund

Woz2000
Contributor
Contributor

I received payment for an item on ebay and promptly transferred the funds to my bank account.  There was another payment right after that PP is holding  (I started selling after a long absence).

Anyway, the payment that I transferred to the bank, I need to refund that as I made a mistake in the ebay listing.  When I click on refund, PP says it can't do it and I need to transfer funds to my PP account (didn't they use to just take it back from the bank?).  I don't see anywhere I can deposit to PP.  I sent a message to PP 4 hours ago and no reply.

Also, this is the first time I am doing this since the tax being added by ebay, the PP screen seems to imply I need to repay the tax myself, is that true so that I would have to wait for ebay to get it back to me?  I need to know what is the amount I need to deposit as I might take some cash to Walgreens tomorrow and do the deposit that way.  I hate making buyers nervous.  PP isn't making it any easier since the spin off.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Woz2000
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous.  They've found a way to set up a new group to get government PPP loans for people so they can cash in on the commissions, yet they've totally shut down their support.  Phone lines - nope, all shut down.  Email responses - in a black hole.  Text message with a bot telling me I'll get a response in 1 hour - ya, maybe it was Spock talking... hours would be like days - except it may be weeks....

This really is the last straw.  Can't trust PayPal regardless the situation!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.