Postage charges being deducted twice using e bay uk.

eswhd97e
Contributor
Contributor

Can somebody explain to me why I am being charged twice for the postage when using e bay.I have the amount due for postage taken direct from my credit card but  I am also  being charged on my paypal account for the same transaction.I feel I am being ripped off. The smaller transaction will not be worth selling using e bay unless this is resolved as you will lose money for selling items where 2 postage amounts come off. An explanation would be helpful for the future.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eswhd97e 

Since you paid with credit card linked to eBay directly, independent of PayPal maybe you have a billing agreement set up that was not deactivated and some how that cause a snafu of sorts. I'm not a back end techie, mind you.

Generally, postage label payments between eBay and PayPal are hooked up via a specific billing agreement between PayPal and eBay Shipping within your PayPal account settings. You may try to find this billing profile in Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments and cancel it if you're paying for postage labels independently from PayPal.

That is all I know lol and you'll have dispute those payments on PayPal to claw the money back. Are the tracking numbers for the labels on the PayPal payments the same? If they're not the same, then consider voiding those labels but super double check first before voiding.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.