Pending purchase with debit card

Gsun1995
Contributor
Contributor
I recently ordered something online for my MMORPG game I play for $35.71 USD with my Bank of America debit card through PayPal. I go to give my game information to the customer service of the website and they tell me that they had not yet received the payment for the order and that Paypal is holding the $35.71 USD and that it could be held up to 5 business days and to check back with them in 5 days. I check my Paypal account and my recent activity shows the order I put in April 15th and also shows that it was pending. I’ve been checking back with the website I ordered from everyday since April 15th and they keep telling me that Paypal is still holding my payment for the order and to keep checking back. I also checked with my bank just to make sure it wasn’t on there end, and they told me everything was fine with my bank account. Is this normal for Paypal to put a purchase on hold for over 5 days for no reason ? I could understand if I was trying to sell something through PayPal to another user, but all I’m doing is making a purchase with my debit card for a virtual product. Any information helps a lot. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Gsun1995

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

Here's a list of Payment Status and the reason behind it.

Typically, payments are realtime, however there are some cases wherein we hold transaction. Some reasons are: Seller have multiple pending disputes against them, Merchant might be restricted, transactions not allowed by on PayPal user agreement, detected fraud, or unverified accounts. Hope this helps!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.