Paypal prepaid mastercard

rose310
New Community Member
Hello i have money on my paypal account but no physical cash and i need to link a temporary paypal prepaid mastercard to my account to access my cash.....if i get a card from a store can i just automatically link it to my account? Or Do i HAVE to spend 20 dollars to have the cashier at the store *register* it from.the store?? Cant i just get the card and register it online myself without having the store that i get it from register it on their end???
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_April

Hello @rose310

There is a cost to purchase the temporary card at a retail location and the price depends on the retail location. You will also need to add funds at the time you purchase the card. The card purchase price depends on the retail location. Depending on which retail location you visit, the minimum initial load value will be either $10 or $20. The maximum initial load value will be $500.

Upon purchasing the card, you will be automatically enrolled in the $4.95 per month fee plan which lets you make unlimited purchase transactions (subject to funds availability). The first Plan Fee will be deducted from your Card Account within 36 hours of purchase. To view this monthly fee, and the other costs associated with using the card, see the "Fees Related to the Service" section of the PayPal Prepaid Card Cardholder Agreement.

When you purchase the card at a retail location you will leave the store with a temporary card, which expires 120 days from the date of purchase. In order to receive a personalized card, you must activate the temporary card and verify your identity. You should follow the instructions that come with the temporary card.

Here is some additional information about the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.