Paypal me gift money

4PKMommy
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't had paypal long and put a few thing on ebay. All that is fine but of course they hold funds for a few days. If my family sends me money will they also hold those funds. I need the $ they want to send and don't wanna wait that long. Should I go as different route?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@4PKMommy

Occasionally family / friends payments are subject to a 24 hour review, but I have received quite a few over the years and never yet had one reviewed.

I think Paypal review them if they 'think' the seller is trying to evade paying their fees by using that option to sell goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@4PKMommy

If they use the send money > family / friends option then it would not be subject to the new seller hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

4PKMommy
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you..that helps alot..I couldn't find a straight answer anywhere..and they have been holding my funds for the few sales till 3 days after delivery. I have seen on here where people have had their funds held from family and friends. Don't want to have them send it and can't use it..thank you again..
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@4PKMommy

Occasionally family / friends payments are subject to a 24 hour review, but I have received quite a few over the years and never yet had one reviewed.

I think Paypal review them if they 'think' the seller is trying to evade paying their fees by using that option to sell goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.