Paypal.me changing name?

authormaf
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My Paypal.me shows my full name as the 'username' <removed> but I use this for my self-publishing and my pen name is M. A. <removed> - I'd rather keep it like this to avoid having others know my full name. Is there a way to modify the end part of the paypal.me? Or use Paypal.me with my business account instead?

Thank you!

Magali

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @authormaf,

Thank you for your post! Your PayPal.me page will show your full name if it's associated with a Personal account, or your Business name if it's associated with a Business account. Business accounts can only accept Goods and Services payments through PayPal.me. It is not possible to change or transfer your PayPal.me URL. The unique link that you created is the only one that can be used with your PayPal account.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

authormaf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

"The unique link that you created is the only one that can be used with your PayPal account."

I never created a unique link though - is there a way for me to create one instead of it showing my name?

Thank you 🙂

Magali

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @authormaf,

You can choose a word for the PayPal.me URL that is not your name. Many people choose their name, but that is not required. However, your account will still show up under the name that you have associated with it. The other party in a transaction will always be able to see the name on your account, as this information is necessary for the differentiation of transactions in the records of both accounts.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

authormaf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

"You can choose a word for the PayPal.me URL that is not your name"

And how do I choose this? Where do I go?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @authormaf,

When you visit https://PayPal.me and set up your account, you will be prompted to choose the word that will complete the PayPal.me URL. When you choose yours, you could choose  something like MAPublishing or pretty much anything else. As long as no one has taken it first, your URL will be PayPal.me followed by a slash and that word that you chose. Once chosen, that URL is permanent and cannot be changed. When others visit that URL, they will see your name that's on your account and your PayPal.me profile photo if you add one, as well as your city and state.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

authormaf
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I was asking from the start - if there was a way for me to modify that paypal.me username after it was already set up the first time. And after several threads, you've answered my question by stating that once it's set up, it can't be modified.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.