Paypal.me Link change 2019

Sonnybee
New Community Member

Is there a way to petition or let the PayPal team know that their users would like to change their PayPal.me links? 
My original name is on the link, my name is changed now, I don't want my old name on it now that I am out of the abusive family that gave me that name nor have them find anything about me, and that includes my PayPal. As well as the fact that I am willing to pay to change it just like others who've complained about this for the past how many years. Name change, typo, business, foolish mistakes, etc.

PayPal, what the hell is their problem with this, it's been years and still no response form them.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sonnybee 

Withdraw all funds from PayPal balance, remove all cards/bank accounts, make sure you have no pending transactions (including refunds), cancel all automatic payments (Account settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments) and close the account. Create new PayPal.me link. Relink your new PayPal to all your accounts that used PayPal. Boom. Done.

Or keep it open and open a new PayPal account with different email address and gradually move your linked automatic payment accounts, funding sources, PayPal balance over to your new PayPal, create your new PayPal.me link and close the old account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sonnybee 

Withdraw all funds from PayPal balance, remove all cards/bank accounts, make sure you have no pending transactions (including refunds), cancel all automatic payments (Account settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments) and close the account. Create new PayPal.me link. Relink your new PayPal to all your accounts that used PayPal. Boom. Done.

Or keep it open and open a new PayPal account with different email address and gradually move your linked automatic payment accounts, funding sources, PayPal balance over to your new PayPal, create your new PayPal.me link and close the old account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Deebo009
Contributor
Contributor
💪🏿
Login to Me Too

kellz313
Contributor
Contributor
So what about the cars? Would you need to get a new one? And direct deposit... Would the numbers change?
Login to Me Too

TestaAlta
New Community Member

Well, you would also lose all your historic transactions when closing account etc. etc.
It'd be a whole lot easier for Paypal to allow us, when we change our email, to change our link.

When I sold the business, the new owner cannot use the link / and I cannot employ a new one associated with my new email.
PAYPAL loses out two ways: Neither of us can use a link (that is now on 16,000 blog posts) for collecting money. 

Ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too

Gwharton
Contributor
Contributor

Good news everyone!

I rang Paypal support today and asked them to change my link. They advised me it couldn't be done, but he said on his system he now has an option to delete an existing paypal.me link. He deleted mine, and when i went to my Paypal.me admin page, it asked me to create a new link, which succeeded. I now have renamed my paypal.me link.

Best wishes

Graham <removed>

Login to Me Too

pupplates

Does anyone know if Paypal in the US will do this in 2020?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.