Paypal gift card

Asianjason
Contributor
Contributor

Recently bought a paypal gift card from 7/11 and i tried activating it, but i put in the wrong SSN, and now the card wont work. Dont wanna just waste 80$ so if anyone knows hows to fix this, let me know. I have the numbers and everything and the card.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Asianjason,

It sounds like you may have purchased a Prepaid Mastercard. I'd suggest contacting the Customer Support number on the back of the card you've purchased. They should be able to assist registering your information correctly.

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Asianjason
Contributor
Contributor

Thats what ive done multiple times. However, when i tpye in my ssn, it doesnt work. So, ive let my friend from a different state try it, However, it didnt work for him either. We've called paypal customer service and reached out to one of the people who work there, and im pretty sure they think that card might be stolen cuz it was bought from a different area. I can take pictures of the card and show if needed. Just dont want this 80$ to be wasted. Also the reason i asked him to do it is becuz it im not 18.

Login to Me Too

Asianjason
Contributor
Contributor

Hello could u please respond

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @Asianjason

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you are having. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to take action on this platform. You will have to continue working with the number that is on the back of the card. They will be able to review the card information and assist you with resetting it. 

Please enjoy the rest of your day. 

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Asianjason
Contributor
Contributor

Yet again, the number on the back doesnt work at all. ive called it multiple times and even when my 18 year old friend entered his REAL SSN, it still doesnt work at all. Ive also called the other paypal customer service number and its still not able to be used. if anything, could u help me confirm and activate this card? I dont wanna waste this money. ive tried every possible method

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@Asianjason,

I recommend contacting our customer service teams for further assistance.  You can click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any of our pages to get a phone number to reach us at, or you can contact us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/askpaypal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal). We would be happy to take a look at what options might be available to you.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Asianjason
Contributor
Contributor

ive called the paypal customer service number to speak to a real person on thje line and they just said i couldnt redeem the card for some reason. is it possible if i just send one of u mods the numbers, and u could like add it to my account or

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Asianjason,

The community forum is only for general assistance, in order to protect the security of all who use the forum. For account-specific or card-specific assistance, only customer service teams can help. Please do not send the card number to any moderators, as we want you to keep financial information strictly to the most secure platforms.

You mentioned that the wrong SSN was used initially, and then said that your 18 year old friend tried the card again with his real SSN. If the initial use of the card was on an account with a false SSN, that is likely the problem, and that card is linked to an account that would require resolution. If that account is owned by someone who is underage, that will be a further complication, as the account would not be able to be reinstated at this time. It is likely that the card cannot be used through the PayPal account or any other, and refund for the purchase will have to be arranged, which would have to be requested by calling that number.

I'm sorry that you've had this experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Asianjason
Contributor
Contributor

So ur saying that i cannot do anything with this card?? I really dont wanna waste 80

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.