Paypal debit card activation issue - been going on for months and Paypal are useless

symphonytech
Contributor
Contributor

My journey to activate my PayPal Debit mastercard has taken five months, and I'm currently on my fourth (or possibly fifth card).
The cards simply will not activate.
After the third card, Paypal realised that they won't activate because there is information missing on our business information (specifically the director and beneficial owners info).
I have made countless phone calls and sent messages with no progress; each time the agent does their best to help, but then realises that they are unable to due to some technical issue. Each time I try to update the infomation online it just says there has been a 'technical issue' and to try again later. I have completed the manual forms that they issued to try and get some manual intervention, and sent them through using a custom link they sent. Nothing.
My account seems to have some weird technical glitch that simply won't allow the information to be updated in the normal manner. And so the cards keep timing out because they are not activated in time.
Please can someone...anyone...for the love of God...advise how I can get PayPal to actually figure out how to sort my problem, because as it stands, everyone I have spoken to at PayPal is as confused as me.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.