Paypal Prepaid Mastercard - Receiving emails saying card is coming, but I didn't request a card!

bkusano
New Community Member

Hello,

I have received two emails from Paypal regarding a Paypal Prepaid Mastercard. My problem is exactly the same as this post here: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Protections/Why-is-paypal-sending-out-fake-emails-about-re...

I received an email stating: 'Your Paypal Prepaid Mastercard is on its way'. I contacted Paypal and they said they had no record of sending me this email. 

Several days later, I received another email from Paypal under the subject line: 'Paypal Prepaid Card Activation Reminder' from the same email address.

Once again, I contacted Paypal and they said they had no card on file under my account, but that all Paypal Prepaid cards come from BankCorp. I have not been able to get through to BankCorp because the contact number Paypal gave me requires my SSN and the card number. I don't have the card number (as I never requested it, and haven't received it), and my SSN isn't being accepted for some reason.

I have sent both emails to spoof@paypal.com but have not received a response. I have also escalated via the Paypal help center, and I have tried to call the Paypal help number, but have not been able to get through.

I am VERY CONCERNED about this, as I never requested this card. Can Paypal please confirm: 1) Are these emails phishing emails or are these legitimate emails from Paypal (as they appear to be). 2) If the card is being sent, I want to confirm what address it is being sent to. 3) I want to cancel this card immediately if these are legitimate emails.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.