Paypal Prepaid - Can't access account or use card after erroneous decline

girlieclown_79
Contributor
Contributor

I hope I can get some help here. Last night, my mom's PayPal prepaid card was used by me on Amazon to purchase some items. We have done this before as we share a Prime account. This morning I received an email indicating that the card had been declined. Since her monthly check was just deposited last Friday to her Prepaid Account via Direct Deposit, and the sum has not been spent in the past week, I know that there are more than sufficient funds to cover the purchase, which was under $50. Now she cannot log-in to her PayPal prepaid account at all, though her regular PayPal is still accessible. She has received no email notification indicating any problem... It simply won't let her log-in.

Any idea what could be causing this, and how can I get it fixed immediately? My mother is on a fixed income and cannot access her money at all now to pay bills and live.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @girlieclown_79,

Welcome to the community. Sometimes, transactions are declined or fail for reasons other than the unavailability of funds. For instance, if the address you provided to the online merchant differs from the address we have on file for you (your mother), the transaction could be declined. It sounds like there may be a security check on your mothers account, I would suggest she calls the 24-hour automated service using the toll-free telephone number printed on the back of your card.

Hope this helps,

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.