PayPal renegs on $10 signup bonus

woodym001
Contributor
Contributor
Been getting PayPal slam sign up by for $10 for some time. Finally open account to accept the offer. Now try to redeem offer and get response 'error not eligible'. Now I try to contact PayPal but all of the PayPal sp a m is do not reply. Message me option sure but work. Email option says not for that. Phone system won't pass to human. Why is PayPal so afraid to give an email address that we can simply attempt to address the mistreatment. So inconsiderate to have me spend days trying to be sign up, jump through countless flaming hoops only to reneg and be so sneaky to be not contactable? Just another account number?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@woodym001 

Are there certain terms and conditions to this sign up bonus that makes the offer not available on certain purchases?  Check the t&c's of the offer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

woodym001
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker You are quite right. Email subject: $10 off. Secure your credit now. Email content: We should get back together. Here's $10 off. Click to save offer. When I click to accept, this is what I get: We're sorry, but you may not be eligible for this offer. Now when I read the terms (once I try to accept, never in my email), this is under eligibility (3): “receive an authorized email containing the invitation to participate in the offer (eligibility for/those who receive such an email will be determined solely by PayPal).” So misleading. Bait and switch. The wording in the email was VERY clear - "here's $10 off. Click on to save offer." "Here is". They were going to give me $10 off for going through the headache of signing back up, linking back account etc., verifying my identity on the phone. If I was not eligible, which they knew by their own secret criteria when they sent me the email, they shouldn't have spammed me with it anyway and wasted my time. Is this type of deceitful marketing typical for PayPal? I had only ever heard good things about them before this.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@woodym001 

Is that all there was on the email: "We should get back together. Here's $10 off. Click to save offer." and button to click? Surely there has to be some fine print as you scroll down toward the bottom of the email, no?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mickymannis
Contributor
Contributor
I hit Kudos by mistake sorry
Login to Me Too

mickymannis
Contributor
Contributor
I clicked on the icon stating that I could earn £10 for recommendation of a friend but PayPal hasn’t followed through Why Not PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.