PayPal prepaid master card problems

Rainlop
New Community Member

Hello, today I went to my local neighborhood Walmart and needed to purchase a prepaid card as currently, banks are far away from where I live and Walmart is the most convenient place to go and get a simple prepaid card. I decided to go with the Paypal prepaid MasterCard and loaded $35 into it. Thinking it would be simple as activating and connecting to Paypal like every other prepaid card is, I was highly mistaken. Every time I go to activate the card online it gives me the option to continue but every time I continue the continue button comes back with no change, I decided to download the mobile app to see if that would help and to no surprise, it does the same thing. I then attempted the phone call where it sends you an SMS to activate it and again it didn't work was just a blank page tried multiple times as well. Now It came to the automated call, which again did not work which then led it to redirect me to a customer representative who to my knowledge seemed to only know one thing and was taught one thing when dealing with this situation "Go back and keep trying", after 25 minutes on the phone call of him telling me to try over and over with no resolution he said he will call his back office to deal with this situation, but from reading another post they usually never recontact. I decided to try it on a different browser which was firefox (I originally used google chrome) and I actually got passed the first step in activation which gave me relief, only to bring back another issue it asked me to enter my last 4 social security digit and I did and then I received the nonstop circle of loading. I decided after 15 minutes of the circle loading to click on it and it popped up the continue button I had no desire to see again, and therefore it happened again the continue button will not go away even if you press it thousands of time. At this point, I hope someone in this forum or a Paypal staff member can help me because I need this money by tomorrow and do not want my $35 down the drain since I am also being laid off work due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Whatever you do, don't link me to the website that I've been to 1000 times and have seen other posts where people would only send the website without actually trying to help. Thank you! Also P.S I do not want a "permanent" Paypal card, I only desire to link the $35 prepaid card and use it accordingly to pay my phone bill...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

badcompany721
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same issue, its identical to what you are experiencing, and nothing will get me beyond the continue button after typing the last 4 of social to verify identity. I need to link my accounts (prepaid to paypal) and there is no resolution to be found anywhere! I called Paypal Prepaid Mastercard number and guess what-- customer service IS CLOSED DUE TO COVID 19! WTF! LAST TIME I CHECKED COVID 19 IS NOT CONTAGIOUS OVER THE DAMN PHONE, paypal employees can worl from home so this is a **bleep** poor excuse to enrage paypal users to no end! This is very unprofessional and unethical and I am close to filing with the Better Business Bureau or sue them for this extreme injury to my finances and my life. Where is the tech dept and why wont they respond to our requests? We should all sue them for this, I know I am nkt the only one who has YET TO GET THEIR STIMULUS MONEY EVEN THO THE IRS HAS SENT IT. Its just laziness on their part and lack of concern for the users who keep the company going, youd think they would give a flying who ha about it-- But nah.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.